When Telephone Calls Put on Hold or at the time of Transferring the Line, some Message can be played, is called OHM i.e. On Hold Message or Telephone Hold Message.
- As the saying goes “the first impression is the best impression”. In the existing competitive business scenario your first contact with the customer is usually over the phone, why not impress them first time, every time with a professional approach.
- On Hold Message is a very focused and cost effective (a one time investment) advertisement option addressing the people who actually happen to call you.
- Caller generally gets to hear a monotonous music. Which does not generate anything in them except boredom. Give them some information about yourself in a nice way, and it will catch their attention and interest.
- If there is no sound even if the monotonous music is missing then the caller may think connection got disconnected they may keep the phone down. Avoid wrong impression that tends to have a cumulative effect.
- Those telephone systems that are connected to the radio may be announcing your competitor’s advertisement when a customer calls. Connecting radio to the telephone does not seem to be a good idea.